Instructional Coach Home
Welcome to Siegel High School! My name is Matt Marlatt and I am the Instructional Coach for our school. I have taught for 25 years in Rutherford County and have taught grades 7-11 Standard/Summer School all the way up to AP. As an SGH instructional coach, I serve as a facilitator and coach, working and communicating on an ongoing basis with our school leadership team, PLC Team Leads, and, of course, our teachers! In this role, you may find me serving in the following capacities:
Instructional Coach for New and Experienced Teachers:
- Point of Contact for all new teachers (new to SHS and first year teachers) and facilitator of mentoring at Siegel High.
- Learning Facilitator: design and prepare professional development, as needed.
- Collaborative Teacher: work to aid and assist instruction through planning, modeling, joint designing, implementing, and reflecting – seeking out new opportunities for learning.
- Resources Hub: provide a variety of resources to/for teachers.
- Classroom Supporter: increase the quality and efficacy of classroom instruction.
- Curriculum/Instruction Mentor: ensure implementation of curriculum and alignment of standards instruction.
- Serve as a Curriculum Lead for Siegel High School
- Work collaboratively with the SHS administrators and leadership team to assess, plan, and assist in SHS instructional mentoring for teachers.
RTI2 Coach for SHS:
- Ensure that student achievement data is current and utilized to inform and guide decisions used by intervention teachers and academic teams – schoolwide.
- Monitor and assist with intervention/transition student success with Tier 1 instruction – communicating with students and teachers to improve student academic performance.