The Siegel High School Library Media Center's mission statement is to be a student-centered library media center
and a diverse resource available to all Siegel High students, providing a wide variety of reference materials, literature, and computer facilities for all students and faculty to fully utilize and enjoy.
The goal of the Siegel High Library is to ensure that students graduate with the information literacy skills necessary to be successful, productive, and socially responsible individuals.Siegel High School Library Media Center does the following to accomplish this mission:
- develops and maintains a diverse collection of materials in various media to support the curricular and personal needs of students and staff.
- maintains a credible and current collection that supports the curriculum objectives of multiple disciplines and the different learning levels and needs of the student body.
- develops lessons and collaborates with teachers to help create student-users who are information and technology literate, who are independent learners, and who exhibit a sense of social responsibility.
- supports professional development.
- maintains a facility that is conducive to both formal and informal learning.
" The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."
Mark Twain, attributed
"Books are a uniquely portable magic."
"Only the weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry."
Cassandra Clare from Clockwork Angel
" A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one." George R. R. Martin from A Dance with Dragons
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader."
"Libraries are our future-to close them would be a terrible mistake-it would be stealing from the future to pay for today which is what got us into the mess we're in now."